Venus in Arms goes on holiday. In August we will do some important field research (in front of the sea…). But don’t’ worry. Also this year we provide you a Top 5 of Summer Reads:
- Matthew A. Baum and Philip B. K. Potter, “War and Democratic Constraint: How the Public Influences Foreign Policy“, Princeton University Press, 2015.
- (if you missed it) Lawrence Freedman, “Strategy. A History“, Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Stefano Recchia, “Reassuring the Reluctant Warriors: U.S. Civil-Military Relations and Multilateral Intervention“, Cornell University Press, 2015.
- (some advertisement) Fabrizio Coticchia and Francesco.N. Moro, “The Transformation of Italian Armed Forces in Comparative Perspective. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome?“, Ashgate, 2015.
- Giuseppe Rossi, (with Alessandra Bocci), “A modo mio (My way)“, Mondadori 2014.
See you soon…